Friday, April 29, 2011

Frisbee Golf vs an American culture shock

It was so nice out. Seriously. I enjoyed the sunshine so freaking much! So the day started out this way, there was this one guy, my FIL 341 classmate texted me to hang out. Well although finals are just around the corner, I said yes to him as I don't have much time left. So he said he would pick me up in 15 minutes to go to a park for a little. Frankly, his two-door sports car was really cool, so I jumped in his car and we headed to Maxwell Park. It was a lovely park for people to play frisbee golf. It was my first time ever playing frisbee golf because we don't have baskes in our quad. Frisbee golf is a fascinating and fun-filled sport! It was totally free on that day, I mean we didn't have any mulligan rules as I was a beginner =)

Well, basically I was always the loser (there were 18 baskets). At the very last basket, I took out my camera, handed to my friend and asked him to do me a favor to record me throwing the frisbee. You wouldn't believe it, I made it in! That was really an incredible shot! I was thinking did the video recorded matter? Did it force me to make my very best? I doubt.


After that he asked if I would like to go over his place to get our assignment due on that day done, well in a normal situation of course I said yes to him. It was pretty close to our school by the way. When we were done, I noticed something was wrong. He started asking if I like massages, if I would give him a chance to massage and stuff. How would I reject him, darn, it is always hard for me to say "no". So I said yes, but I'd prefer to sit up instead of laying down. After 2 to 3 mins, I stopped him by saying, "it's good :)" and he said "I have never had a chance to get a massage before", oopz, how should I response? I remained silent. He made me an egg salad before I suggested to go back. So, we were in the car. ..

"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"I do."
"Then do you guys have tie in between?"
"There aren't any abiding rules, but I do whatever I think I am supposed to."
 "Is it wrong to kiss someone else other than your boyfriend?"
"Definitely."
"So you wouldn't have sex with me, would you?"
"I'm sorry, I wouldn't do that"
"That's alright, cause I thought of that, and it's kinda normal to .. in America."
"Well, that makes sense, cause I'm an Asian ;)"

Reached. And I greeted him goodnight and thanks for the ride and the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment