Monday, April 25, 2011

Chicago Trip

Yes. It's Chicago again, you could probably tell how much I adore the windy-city with chilly temperatures! This time I was not alone as my pictures tell, Choon Sian, an awesome buddy, accompanied me in Chicago for 2 days. It was so much better than walking alone on the street because you'd have to look for people to take pictures of you. I really appreciate it.

So we went to several places like United Center and Buckingham Fountain - those that we have not been, we also went to Chicago Tribune to be in the headline of Chicago newspaper and visit the legs sculpture of Chicago. Visited the Chicago Cultural Center too, a baronial and dazzling buildinig which full of marbles and lights. You might wanna check it out to hold your wedding party there? That'd be awesome! Oh yea, they do rent it out and every Sat morning you would probably see lotsa people signing up for their marriage registrations there. Well and of course, we spent almost 0.75 day shopping for souvenirs, sounds lil bit scary but that's true, things in Chicago are way expensive! A normal t would cost 19.90 bucks? What do you think? Paying RM60 (excluding 15.1% tax) for a t-shirt? It gotta be kidding me! And of course, we had 2 meals there - The famous deep dish pizza and Thai food. I bought ginseng for bi's mom, anji aunty and teacher Zhao (those who gave me red packets before I came to US, mom said it's a MUST to buy them something) haha, mom is lovely ;)

Sometimes you think things are ridiculous but they happen. We met a couple in Milwaukee, WI and indescribable, we met them twice in Chicago again! And they appeared whenever we need someone to take a picture of both of us. I wonder, did God just simply send someone to give us a hand sometimes?

Still, priority goes to the BEAN!

Chicago Bull rocks~!

Deep Dish Pizza - Lou Malnati's

Sculpture of legs

Thai Tomyum and Red Curry Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment