Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chicago Trip

Yup, it's the Windy City one day trip organized by International House. Departed at 8am so I didn't get a chance to buy a Subway sandwich but I had breakfast so it was fine. Visited the Field Museum and the 3D was undoubtly impressive, I wish I would have a chance to visit Sue, T-Rex! A quick tour was then given and followed by that, we took off at north end of Millenium Park. Donglai and I had lunch ini Chipotle together and I spent almost 10 dollars for that meal + chips & guaca. We then headed to John Hancock observatory and surprisingly it was free because as far as I remembered, ChoonSian once told me it costs around ten bucks. Due to my craving for more food, Donglai walked me to a mall to buy some bao's' (buns), 5 bucks for 3! They were really savory and I am not kidding.

After that we separated as we have our own destination. So I walked all the way down to the Adler Planetarium through Navy Pier but I didn't get to visit the planetarium as it closed at 5, but I did enjoy the gorgeous scenes by the Nave Pier! It was great traveling alone sometimes as you do not have to put other people's time in your schedule and you are freed to make your own decision. However, it was really hard to hunt for an experienced photographer sometimes. But I was blessed to have some nice pictures with the AT&T sculpture! As time approaching 8pm, I lingered around the downtown and stayed for 15 minutes in Borders when my skimpy and delicate sweater did not allow me to stay in the breezy weather. Everything went smooth and we reached our dorm as scheduled. Donglai then drove me to Fusion Brew and I had a glass of Taro Milk Tea with Boba before the whole trip came to the end. Overall it was awesome!


AT & T Plaza sculpture


The Navy Pier

No comments:

Post a Comment