Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Special Taste Curry Mee in Penang

Are you tired of the ordinary curry mee already? Let's try something new!!
There are always something new when you go back to old places, agree?

Well I thought I should spend some time with the sea when I arrived at Penang, so I went to Chew Jetty again this morning. Went in the super early morning at around 7am, I thought probably I wouldn't find "balitung" as they only start serving at noon. After spending an hour with the sea, I thought it's time for FOOD!

Haven't been back to Penang for a while =)

I found this "Special Taste Curry Mee" sold in Chew Jetty cafe and I got to know that the aunty started to work no longer ago, meaning that probably not many people have tried her noodles. Hmmm how do I phrase this, it's not the ordinary curry mee that we could find anywhere in Penang, the soup and ingredients are all different but they taste great! Apparently the aunty wasn't originally from Penang, she is serving us the traditional curry mee from her hometown.

I do recommend her curry mee if you are a curry mee fans and wanna try out something new. Check out some pictures below. Well, not trying to advertise her noodles but just thought of sharing.

This is the one bowl that I had. It came with beans, shrimps and devil rays. 

This is the stall and the coffee shop, Chew Jetty cafe.

The devil rays (魔鬼鱼). They are all amazingly fresh.

Oh yea, you could add-on "red-banded mantis shrimp" (濑尿虾)

The fried green beans.

The shrimps were also fresh.


Address: Chew Jetty, Weld Quay, 10300 Penang.

Operating Hours: Mon-Sun (7am - 12.30pm), close on Thurs

Price: RM3 (small), RM3.50 (big)

The aunty does sell Hokkien Mee as well, smells quite good.

1 comment: